Aligned with Fifteen's mission of making it easy for people to walk and cycle to all their daily needs within 15 minutes, this initiative highlights and contributes to creating healthier, happier and more cyclable cities through sharing great stories, insights and experiences. The podcast features a diverse range of experts discussing the challenges and opportunities that cities of all sizes face today.
Discover the 15MinCities Podcast
Fifteen has worked with 30+ cities to promote more cyclable cities and we're excited to bring you the "15MinCities" podcast, hosted by Jessica Jones-Langley.
Discover the Podcast
Named after the “15-min-cities” concept which refers to being able to get everywhere you need by foot, bike within 15 mins, the podcast explores creating livable, sustainable, and thriving cities.
Each episode contains highlights from insightful conversations Jessica Jones-Langley has had with industry experts and thought leaders on various topics such as urban design, transportation, community development, and more.
Listen to the podcast, on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Discover New Perspectives
The 15MinCities podcast is dedicated to showcasing innovative ideas, cutting-edge research, and successful case studies from around the globe. By highlighting and sharing these stories, the podcast aims to highlight good ideas that others can replicate and also to inspire the development of cities that prioritise convenience, accessibility, and well-being for all residents.
Get just the Highlights
Each episode of "15 Minute Cities" lasts exactly 15 minutes and covers only the best parts of the conversations. Not everything can be shared, so do make sure you’re subscribed to the 15MinCities newsletter to get more information, including invitations to the 15MinCities events.
Never miss an episode
Don't miss out on the latest episodes of "15 Minute Cities"! Subscribe to the 15MinCities newsletter. Whether you're a transport planner, local councillor, or simply curious about the future of cities, the newsletter is packed with relevant information including invitations to the 15MinCities online discussion events.
Dive into the 15-Minute Episodes
- Breathing Clean Air Clean Air Zones are set to change the way we move. Furthermore, they aim to transform cities to become better, cleaner, and more accessible. Hear firsthand from experts about how these schemes came about, the challenges cities face in implementing these schemes and what the future holds.
Many thanks to the guest speakers of this episode—Sandra Cavalieri (Climate and Clean Air Coalition), Huw Russell (Local Partnerships), & Councillor Jane Byrne (Newcastle upon Tyne).
- Autonomy World Expo Step or cycle into the world of mobility at the Autonomy World Expo, the largest gathering of experts and innovators dedicated to shaping the future of transportation. In this 15 minute episode, we dive into the latest trends and technology on display, and hear firsthand from attendees about their work, what’s happening in their city or company, and their thoughts on the future of mobility.
Many thanks to the guest speakers of this episode—Ross Douglas (Autonomy), Artur Munne (Fifteen); Damian Weinzierl (P3), Sanne Van Breukelen (Cenex Nederland), Sacha Voulon-Tibboel (Chargewell), Isobel Duxfield (POLIS), Edgardo Bolio Arceo (Merida city, Mexico), Terry Albronda (Groningen), Óscar Julián Gómez Cortés (Bogota), Alex Gilbert (Transport for London) & Benoit Yameundjeu (Fifteen), & a shout-out to the Autonomy for hosting such a great event.
- Cycling Policy: What comes first, the cycle lane or the cyclist? Europe is home to some of the most cyclable cities in the world: 32% of people who live in Amsterdam cycle to work, 62% in Copenhagen. In this episode, Philip Amaral (ECF) talks about what’s happening in Europe to make cities more cyclable, and what cities can do today to replicate the success of Dutch cities.
Many thanks to Philip Amaral, who works at the European Cyclists’ Federation as the Policy & Development Director, and is the person who knows what cities can do to become more cyclable.
- Velo-City: The Cycling Event of the Year What is the one event which people travel from all over the world for? Velo-City. In this 15 minute episode, Jessica Jones-Langley speaks to the cities who will be hosting the cycling event of the year in the coming years, including the Deputy Mayor of Ghent who gave some advice for future host cities.
Many thanks to Jill Warren (European Cyclists’ Federation), Filip Watteeuw (Belgian City of Ghent), Lukasz Klos (Polish City of Gdansk) & Kirsten Pfaue (German City of Hamburg) for taking the time to talk about their cities and Velo-City during the event.
- Building Inclusive 15MinCities How can we ensure that when creating 15MinCities and neighbourhoods, we avoid the planning mistakes we’ve made in the past? In this 15 minute episode, Jessica Jones-Langley shares highlights of a previous 15MinCities event focusing on what inclusive communities look like and what we need to consider to achieve healthier, happier and more inclusive places to live.
Many thanks to Christine Boston (Sustrans Cymru) and Josh James (Living Streets) for taking the time to talk about 15MinCities and neighbourhoods, and sharing their insights on building inclusive communities that encourage walking and wheeling.
If you have any comments, questions or would like to be featured in an episode, reach out to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.