Fifteen's bike-sharing technology is now available in the Greater Aix-Marseille-Provence region. What convinced the local authority to choose Fifteen? Scalable stations requiring little civil engineering giving enormous freedom to develop the service, and an e-bike with many features including being always able to be located via GPS.
Today, the 200 stations of the Le Vélo service are made up of fixed, charging and connected stations. These connected stations are very flexible. Thanks to our maintenance software, they offer the possibility of:
- Limiting the number of bikes per station
- Creating a virtual drop-off zone around the station, very quickly, to cope with exceptional traffic (known as "overflow" or "free-floating" when there is no station).
Such flexible stations would not be possible without the Fusion bike.
The Fusion bike works with both the fixed and free-floating stations, because it is connected and secure without the need to be attached to various road equipment (self-diagnosis of faults, motor lock, alarm and geolocation of the bike).
Infinite combinations with Fifteen technology
A range of stations is available, from the lightest to the most durable: this is also what attracted the Greater Marseille region. The region wanted to be able to adapt their bike-sharing scheme as quickly as possible according to the transport needs of the region, and are now able to:
- Test new locations easily
- Move stations at a low cost
3 types of stations are available for potential service upgrades (in addition to our fixed, charging and connected station):
Free-floating bicycle drop-off zone. Suitable for overflow situations near a fixed station, but also for serving a new area without engineering, while keeping control of the public space.
- Advantages: no work required
- Disadvantages: need to educate users on where to put the bike down. Manual change of batteries by the maintenance team.
The mobile non-charging station
Perfect for testing a location or setting up an ephemeral station during an event. The bollard is fixed to a weighted plate on the ground. It is also possible to attach it in the same way as a fixed charging station.
- Advantages: quick to install and discreet
- Disadvantages: manual change of batteries by the maintenance team
Battery charging station
A station capable of charging bicycles without an electric connection.
- Advantage: cheaper installation than a connected charging station. Can be moved.
- Disadvantages: changing the station's batteries once or twice a week